Remember… if you want the type bigger and easier to read, hold down the Apple key (Mac) or Control key (PC) while hitting the + key or rolling the scroll wheel on your mouse to enlarge the type.
Not so trivial, take this multiple choice current event quiz… only 5 questions… the first to respond in the Comments box below with the correct answers will win hundreds, if not thousands…. of what, I don’t know yet. 🙂
1. Goldman Sachs and ______, the last two independent investment banks on Wall Street, will transform themselves into bank holding companies subject to far greater regulation, the Federal Reserve said Sunday night, a move that fundamentally reshapes an era of high finance that defined the modern Gilded Age.
Bank of America
JP Morgan Chase
2. It will only grow with time, like Lou Gehrig’s farewell, Don Larsen’s masterpiece and Reggie Jackson’s third home run in a World Series game. Untold thousands will say they were there the night the curtain fell on baseball’s grandest stage. It happened Sunday night in the Bronx, when Yankee Stadium hosted a baseball game for the last time, ending its run of ______ years as the home of the Yankees.
3. ______ continued Sunday to reel from the deadly truck bomb blast at the Marriott Hotel here on Saturday, as the government described the bombing as an attack on democracy.
4. Ehud Olmert officially resigned as prime minister of Israel on Sunday, but the person who hopes to replace him, Foreign Minister ______, faces formidable obstacles in preserving the governing coalition.
5. Here’s a gimme…The theme of the 60th Primetime ______ Awards on Sunday was a celebration of the Golden Age of television. But it was some of the newest shows on broadcast and cable television that won many of the early awards.
Tuesday Help Tip:
2 Good ones this week…
1. IF YOU’RE CHOKING ON AN ICE CUBE, SIMPLY POUR A CUP OF BOILING WATER DOWN YOUR THROAT. PRESTO! THE BLOCKAGE WILL INSTANTLY REMOVE ITSELF.
2. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE ELSE TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP.
Again…. just here to help.
Tuesday Health Tip:
This from RealAge.com….
Live near a busy intersection? Dig your downloaded iTunes? Then lowering your blood pressure (BP) may be as easy as shutting the window or turning down your player. Too much noise exposure correlates with a steady rise in blood pressure. Makes sense. Loud sounds are known to stimulate the pituitary-adrenal cortical system.
Lay Off the Loudness
Heart rate basically soars in response to sudden loud sounds, like slamming doors or honking horns. But a gradual rise in noise hurts, too. In a study of assembly plant workers, the higher the volume got, the higher their blood pressure rose. Simple earplug use was enough to drop systolic blood pressure as much as 5.5 mm Hg. So just imagine what turning down your car stereo could do!
3 More Blood Pressure Points
Noise isn’t the only thing that can boost your blood pressure. Here are some other culprits to attend to:
1 – Squishiness. Yeah, you know what that means. Extra body fat is no friend to your blood pressure.
2 – Potato chips. (Note from LK – Those who know me know I equate these to cigarettes) You aren’t doing your blood pressure any favors with high-calorie, nutrition-poor snacks that pack on pounds.
3 – An empty social calendar. That’s right. Loneliness boosts blood pressure.
The saltshaker may not be off limits for everyone.
RealAge Benefit: Keeping your blood pressure at 115/76 mm Hg can make your RealAge as much as 12 years younger.
Tuesday Fun Stuff:
Sent in by dedicated reader Pat M., this is quite fascinating. Sure to generate discussion.
Last Week’s Blog Review:
Trivially unchallenged, Shelley G. first answered correctly that William CRAPO Durant incorporated GM on that date in September. Stirring up Bill’s middle name was obviously a prescient thought on my part which foretold the financial slip n’ slide we’ve been burning our butts on this week.