Grab Bag Sleeping to the Top:
Arianna Huffington shares her recent and uncomfortable discovery of what it takes to be successful… her brief presentation may surprise you.
Grab Bag Tip Trip:
Just some random “Grab Bag” tips:
• Never put citrus fruits or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of these persnickety fruits.
• To clean cast iron cookwear, don’t use detergents. Just scrub them with salt and a clean, dry paper towel.
• To clean an electric kettle with calcium buildup on the heating element, boil a mixture of half white vinegar and half water, then empty.
(This happens to be my kettle of choice for all my green tea making – made by Capresso. They also now make a variable temp kettle.)
• To banish ants from the kitchen, find out where they are coming in and cover the hole with petroleum jelly. Ants won’t trek through the jelly. If they are coming under a door, draw a line on the floor with chalk. The little bugs also won’t cross a line of chalk.
Grab Bag Memory Minders:
Hit the full-screen icon to read these more easily.
Grab Bag Juice Zeus:
I just discovered Kris Carr (thank you, Jennifer K.)… Kris is living with a slow-growing, rare and incurable cancer.
That’s right… incurable. But Kris makes you realize that life itself is incurable for us all, isn’t it? And boy, is she LIVING! She has written 5 books and a movie, appeared on Dr. Oz and Oprah, and, and, and… you get it.
…… and…. she is 67 ways of adorable. Love, love, love this funny video where she explains her juicing e-book you can buy ($20, immediately downloadable here).
While I haven’t covered juicing/blending much here, it is certainly a health-biz trend. My take is that, if the portions of fruits are low and the veggies are high, it can be incredibly healthful.
I’m thinking I might need to jump onto this veggie-train 🙂
Grab Bag Mind Blower 1:
Wow. Hold on to your hats, kids. This 6-minute video is a clip from a truly amazing documentary called Samsara.
If there was ever a reason to go vegan, fire up your blender and buy Kris Carr’s juicing book, this clip is it.
You must ABSOLUTELY go full screen on this, as the player embedded is quite small.
Grab Bag Mind Blower 2:
BUT, WAIT! Beyond what see above, Samsara is an incredibly rich documentary, shot entirely on 70mm film, taking 5 years to film in 25 countries.
“SAMSARA explores the wonders of our world from the mundane to the miraculous, looking into the unfathomable reaches of man’s spirituality and the human experience.”
I just purchased it in HD at iTunes and watched it through Apple TV on my TV yesterday. It is absolutely spectacular. I highly recommend this 102 minutes of sensory awe.
1. Buy the DVD here
2. Rent or buy the download at:
Grab Bag Brain Game:
Look at the image and count how many people are in the picture. After the image shifts, count again how many individuals are there. Where did the extra person come from?
Notes: Even though there is nothing added to the image or taken from it, there seems to be an extra additional person. Try to find some clues.