Grab Bag Nutrition MAKEOVER Tool:
FABULOUS publication…. I picked this up off a grocery store magazine rack and was absolutely delighted with many of the features inside. Truly, there are no more excuses for ANYONE to avoid cleaning up their diet. Not only do they include “clean” recipes, but each issue includes a 2 week meal plan, a shopping list, specific weekly recipes, tips for preparation, brand name suggestions (and why) and a whole lot more. Below is a shot of the current issue’s “Pantry Makeover” article:
Grab Bag Help Tip I:
21 Things Your Burglar Won’t Tell You
1. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.
2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.
3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste … and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.
4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it.
5. If it snows while you’re out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.
6. If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don’t let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it’s set. That makes it too easy.
7. A good security company alarms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom-and your jewelry. It’s not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.
8. It’s raining, you’re fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door-understandable . But understand this: I don’t take a day off because of bad weather.
9. I always knock first. If you answer, I’ll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don’t take me up on it.)
10. Do you really think I won’t look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.
11. Helpful hint: I almost never go into kids’ rooms.
12. You’re right: I won’t have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it’s not bolted down, I’ll take it with me.
13. A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you’re reluctant to leave your TV on while you’re out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television. (Find it at faketv.com.)
14. Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.
15. The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbors.
16. I’ll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he’ll stop what he’s doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn’t hear it again, he’ll just go back to what he was doing. It’s human nature.
17. I’m not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?
18. I love looking in your windows. I’m looking for signs that you’re home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I’d like. I’ll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets.
19. Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It’s easier than you think to look up your address.
20. To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it’s an invitation.
21. If you don’t answer when I knock, I try the door. Occasionally, I hit the jackpot and walk right in.
Thanks to Juli S. for this submission.
Grab Bag Help Tip II:
Found a camera? Lost a camera? Here’s a website where hopefully those two circumstances come together:
Grab Bag Perspective Moment:
You’ve got to ask yourself, what would life be like in these shoes?
Grab Bag Brain Teaser:
- You have 10 bags full of coins
- Each bag contains 1000 coins
- One of the bags contains counterfeit coins
- A real coin weighs 1 gram
- A counterfeit coin weighs 1.1 grams
Using a scale just one time, how can you identify which bag contains the counterfeit coins?
Reply with your answer in the Comments section below to win some serious cred….
Grab Bag Funny Stuff:
Continuing from last week’s animal theme…. let’s just make January all pets, all the time, all hilarious.
Thanks to Pat M. for sending this along….